This page is linked from the footnotes on pages throughout this website on which we display key statistics about Optical Express. It is intended to give you the facts behind the statistics we display.
Finance subject to status. Price dependent on treatment type and prescription. Representative Example: Cash price £2,990, deposit of £1,000, total amount of credit £1,990, £199 per month for 10 months, 0% APR representative, total amount payable £2,990. Minimum deposit applies. The credit advertised is provided by a number of credit providers with whom we have a commercial relationship. Available in the UK only.
Cannot be redeemed for a cash alternative. Treatment subject to suitability as determined at time of consultation. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. Applies to bilateral iDesign iLASIK and iDesign iLASEK. To qualify for the offer minimum surgery value must be £3,000 or more after discount has been applied. This offer is not available to those who have already booked. Discount only available if you have your consultation and treatment before the end of next month 2019. Over 18’s only.
Discount available on laser eye surgery quoted £2990 or more and carried out by 30/11/2019. Over 18's only.
Discount available on complete glasses purchased by the 30/11/2019 costing £150 or more.
Laser Eye Surgery - price dependent on patient's prescription and treatment type, determined at consultation.
From 01/01/2015 to 20/09/2016, 23.4% of individual eyes assessed at consultation had a prescription which qualified for surgery at the £595 per eye price point.
Lens Surgery - price dependent on patient's prescription and treatment type, determined at consultation. (Monofocal Lens £1,995. £3,195 starting price per eye for Multifocal Lens.)
Book now, pay later available on 10 month 0% APR credit agreement, or a 18, 24, 36, 48, 60 or 72 months interest bearing agreement (typical 11.5% APR). Payments will be delayed until March 2020. Credit is subject to status and is provided by a number of credit providers with whom we have a commercial relationship and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
In a survey of 320,659 Optical Express patients, 99% told us they would recommend us to their family and friends.
In a study of 190,231 Optical Express patients with the most common prescriptions we treat (excluding those with presbyopia and emmetropia) 99.2% achieved 20|20 vision or better following treatment.
1.1 This promotion is available only to people receiving iDesign iLASIK treatment with the aim of achieving best distance vision for both eyes individually. Your clinical team will confirm if you are eligible for iDesign iLASIK and we will confirm whether you are eligible for this promotion in your informed consent document.
1.2 Monovision treatments to improve near vision are excluded from this promotion.
1.3 For the purposes of this promotion ‘20|20’ vision means 20|20 or better binocular distance vision and your level of vision can only be confirmed at an Optical Express clinic by an Optical Express clinician. Please note that we will not accept the results of eye examination vision tests carried out by others when deciding whether you are entitled to a refund. We will only accept vision tests which we have carried out at our premises.
1.4 This promotion is only available if we confirm at your pre-treatment consultation that you are capable of achieving 20|20 vision in each eye. Your best corrected vision with glasses before your treatment must be 20|20 (6/6) or better in each eye in order for you to qualify for this promotion.
1.5 Both eyes must be open when assessed and a standard calibrated ophthalmic backlit eye chart, with letters arranged by size, used. The room is to be lit to such a standard as is reasonably necessary to properly carry out an eye test.
1.6 The eye test must be carried out at least 12 months after your initial iDesign iLASIK treatment or at least three months after an enhancement treatment whichever is applicable.
1.7 If you receive iDesign iLASIK and you do not achieve 20|20 uncorrected vision, we will refund to you the amount you have paid for your initial iDesign iLASIK treatment.
1.8 If you took out a loan, arranged by us, to pay for your treatment, we will cancel your loan agreement and refund all repayments you have made under it (including any interest you have paid under the agreement).If you entered into another finance agreement to pay for your treatment, please remember that you are responsible for making payments to the provider of the loan or finance, even if we give you a refund. We will not refund any interest you have paid on, or in relation to, another loan or finance agreement.
1.9 You will have to complete an application process to claim your refund. The application process will have certain timescales that you must meet. You must apply for a refund within 15 months of your initial iDesign iLASIK treatment.
1.10 Under this promotion we will not issue a refund if you do not achieve 20|20 vision due to:
a. causes or conditions not intended to be dealt with as part of your treatment or which are not related to your treatment, such as amblyopia, glaucoma, diabetes, age-related macular degeneration, eye muscle imbalances, cataracts, vitreous opacities (floaters), or other conditions of the retina;
b. you failing to follow any medication or aftercare regime or routine we recommended;
c. you deciding not to have any additional treatment we have recommended;
d. someone other than us providing treatment, medication or aftercare relating to your vision or eyes after your surgery; or you not being truthful or honest or co-operating with us when we have tried to treat you, provide aftercare to you or confirm the condition of your vision or your lack of 20|20 vision at any of our premises.
In a study of 8,863 Optical Express patients treated with iDesign LASIK treatment, 99.97% achieved driving standard vision or better.
Students are entitled to 25% off the total cost of their complete glasses (frames and lenses) when they spend £69 or more on glasses (frame and lenses). Valid student ID must be produced. If a customer redeems this discount they are still entitled to a free second pair providing they are spending £150 or more after the 25% discount has been applied.
People over 60 are entitled to 25% off the total cost of their complete glasses (frames and lenses) when they spend £69 or more. If a customer redeems this discount they are still entitled to a free second pair providing they are spending £150 or more after the 25% discount has been applied.
Valid until date stated on voucher which will be emailed to you (the referrer) upon completion of the online refer a friend form (your friend or family member must have booked a surgery date on or before this date to qualify for this reward). The referrer will receive a cheque for £100 only once the person they have referred has completed surgery; we aim to dispatch the cheque within 90 days from the date that the person referred completes their surgery. Referral reward only applicable to laser eye surgery values of £3,000 or above and lens replacement surgery of £5,000 or above. Price dependent on prescription. There is no option to receive cashback or refund to the value of the reward. Only a person (the referrer) who has paid for and completed their own treatment at Optical Express is eligible to refer a friend or family member; a Refer a friend voucher must be presented at the time of your friend's initial consultation in order to validate the referral; there is no limit to the number of people you can refer; you must create a separate online voucher for each friend you wish to recommend; £300 discount applies to laser eye surgery and lens surgery excluding phakic lens surgery. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any marketing promotion. Discount is not available to those who have already booked their treatment prior to obtaining the referral voucher; the Refer a Friend reward cannot be redeemed if you (the referrer) received a private insurance discount (Aviva, Bupa etc.); Refer a Friend is not open to employees of Optical Express or their immediate family; Optical Express reserves the right to withdraw or change this promotion at any time. Should you have any questions regarding our Refer a Friend programme or this promotion, please email myOE@opticalexpress.com
(1) Customer can choose a free pair of glasses up to the value of £100 after joining the Optical Express Contact Lens Direct programme. If the customer chooses to purchase a pair of glasses (frame and lenses) over the value of £100 they will be required to pay the difference in price. (2) Available to all customers in the Optical Express Contact Lens Direct programme, who agree to remain on the programme for a minimum of 12 months following the date of the offer being redeemed. Customers that leave the programme before the end of the 12 month period will be required to repay any discount received.
Kids are entitled to 2 FREE pairs of glasses per year from our full children’s range. The first set of complete glasses (frame and lenses) are free with an under-16s’ NHS optical voucher. The second complete pair are free when selected from the same range.
Selected range only. Includes complete glasses (frame and single vision lenses).
A customer who presents a valid prescription from another optician is entitled to £15 off the total cost of their glasses (frame and lenses). If a customer redeems this discount they are still entitled to a free second pair providing they are spending £100 or more after the £15 discount has been applied.
A free second pair of glasses is available when purchasing complete glasses (frame and lenses) worth £100 or more. Customers can choose to have their free second pair fitted to the same prescription as the first or give the free second pair to a secondary customer to be fitted with their prescription lenses. Customers can upgrade their lenses and/or frame and pay the additional amount. Both customers must undergo a sight test or hold a current prescription, sight test fee may apply. Secondary customers in England, Wales and Northern Ireland must pay £20 sight test fee if not entitled to an NHS eye examination. A free second pair cannot be offered in conjunction with a complete price offer.
1. Closing date is 17 February 2019. Entries made after this date will not be considered.
2. Successful applicants will be chosen at random and notified by email within 7 days of closing date.
3. Successful applicants must be contactable on or before 28th February. If a successful applicant is uncontactable on the contact information provided by them on their application form, they will forfeit their opportunity to receive free treatment. In this instance, another applicant will be randomly selected and must be contactable within 5 days.
4. All successful applicants must complete the Informed Consent process as per normal protocol and are subject to our standard laser eye surgery terms and conditions. This includes attending a free consultation at an Optical Express clinic to determine clinical suitability for laser eye surgery, as determined in consultation by an Optical Express Optometrist and Ophthalmic surgeon.
5. All successful applicants must bring and show valid ID for their profession in either NHS, Fire or Police emergency services. Optical Express reserves the right to withdraw offer of free treatment to any applicant who does not provide satisfactory ID to the company.
6. The final decision for treatment rests with the Ophthalmic surgeon and noncandidates will not be treated. Optical Express will not enter into correspondence for applicants who are not deemed clinically suitable for treatment.
7. The treatment offered to applicants deemed clinically suitable is free and no purchase is necessary.
8. The treatment offered will be our most advanced laser eye surgery. The total value of all donated laser eye treatment is £1 million. Individual treatment value is dependent on clinically suitable candidates’ prescriptions. No cash or other alternatives are available.
9. Treatment must be carried out by 31st December 2019. Any treatments not booked before this date will be deemed forfeited.
10. Only the named applicant who entered the Thanks A Million initiative can be treated and treatment is non-transferrable.
11. Optical Express will not pay for or reimburse any costs or charges associated with clinic appointments before and after surgery and on treatment day itself. This includes but is not limited to, travel, parking and hotel stays.
12. Post-surgery you will be required to provide a video testimonial which will be used alongside your photograph on our website and in other PR activity. Please email video testimonial to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 months from surgery date. Optical Express reserves the right to invoice the total cost of treatment to any applicant that does not provide a video testimonial.
13. Successful applicants consent to their stories, likeness and imagery featuring on our site and in PR activity. All successful applicants will be featured on the campaign website, including their name and photograph.
14. Optical Express Ltd reserves the right to review and revise these rules without giving you prior notice. By booking a consultation as part of the next steps of our Thanks a million initiative, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any changes as and when they occur.
15. Open to UK residents only, aged 18 and over.