- Laser eye surgery is one of the safest procedures in the world
- It’s also the most popular elective surgery treatment in the world
- There’s an extensive screening process to assess suitability
- We’ll say no if you’re not suitable for the treatment – but work with you to offer an alternative
- We have an International Medical Advisory Board – providing clinical governance and oversight
- Optical Express has the expertise to deliver world-class results
Is laser eye surgery safe?
Yes, laser eye surgery is one of the safest surgical procedures in the world. As with any type of clinical procedure, it will always carry some degree of risk. However, this is very low. Laser eye surgery is the most popular elective surgery treatment in UK and Optical Express surgeons past and present have performed more than 2 million eye surgery treatments worldwide.
Our Safety Procedures
The screening process for patients is extensive and not everyone we meet will be a suitable candidate for laser eye surgery, and we never proceed unless a patient is suitable. If you’re not a suitable candidate for laser eye treatment, we’ll happily work with you to find a different option that suits you and your vision goals.
Optical Express has an International Medical Advisory Board (IMAB) that is made up of global key opinion leaders within the refractive industry. The IMAB provide clinical governance and oversight, advising all Optical Express eye care professionals on best clinical practices. It certifies all clinical directives and processes followed.
After Laser Eye Surgery
We treat more patients than all of our UK and Irish competitors combined. Our patients can be confident that they are being treated by the most experienced provider and experienced ophthalmic surgeons available to them.
We ensure our Ophthalmic Surgeons have a proven track record in the industry. This, coupled with our strict clinical governance ensures our patients are being provided with the best professional and clinical care possible.
Book a Free Consultation