Mr Stefan Klopper is a fully trained ophthalmologist, who has undergone additional specialist training in corrective eye surgery.
Mr Klopper received his primary medical training at Grootte Schuur Hospital in Cape Town and spent six months serving in an African mission hospital. He was drafted to the South African Defence Force where he completed two years compulsory military service as Medical Officer in a Special Services Reconnaissance Unit. He was a Medical Registrar of cardio-thoracic surgery for twelve months, followed by three months in a renal transplant unit before progressing to the post of General Practitioner, after which he decided to specialise in ophthalmic surgery.
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Irish Medical Council (IMC)
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ERCSR)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Over 86,000 eye surgeries
- 97.3% of LVC patients achieve 20:20 vision or better
- 99.9% of LVC patients achieve UK driving standard or better
- 98.7% of patients were satisfied with the care they received
What Mr Klopper’s patients say about him
“My whole experience from consultation and surgery to aftercare appointments was a great one. The surgery itself is very straightforward and quick. The surgeon talked me through each stage so I was informed at all times. I would highly recommend Optical Express“
“It was great for me to go to Optical Express for laser eye surgery. I had good consultation with the surgeon before surgery and my all questions were answered. Even on the day of surgery, I was given all info and good care was taken. Its feels amazing without glasses - no worries during football now!”
Printer friendly version