MBBS MS DOMS DNB FRCS
Mr Mehul Damani is an experienced ophthalmic surgeon who has undergone additional specialist training in refractive surgery. Graduating from the University of Mumbai he won the Pfizer Medical award and medallion for standing first in the final MBBS examination. He proceeded to become Registrar at Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals in Mumbai and completed three years of specialist ophthalmology training with emphasis on cataract and glaucoma surgery. He has the Certificate in Refractive Surgery (CertLRS) from The Royal College of Ophthalmologists.
Mr Damani has worked at a medical retina research registrar post at Frimley Park Hospital. He gained further experience as a speciality doctor for Colchester General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Southend University Hospital NHS.
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow (RCS)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
- 100% of LVC patients achieve UK driving standard or better
- 98.4% of LVC patients achieve 20:20 vision or better
- 98.5% of patients were satisfied with the care they received
What Mr Damani’s patients say about him
“The staff and surgeon are all very friendly and very experienced and went the extra mile in making me feel comfortable and relaxed. I would not hesitate in recommending Optical Express, they are definitely worthy of managing something as valuable as your vision! “
“The surgery is over before you know it, the team were very friendly and the aftercare service has been great. Have therefore recommended laser eye surgery to family and friends as it’s amazing.“
Printer friendly version