MBBS FCPS MSOphth MRCOOphth
An experienced ophthalmic surgeon, Mr Manek Patel specialises in laser vision correction surgery and has obtained the Certificate in Refractive Surgery (CertLRS) from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists. He studied at the Grant Medical College in Bombay, before working as a general ophthalmologist in India and completing his post-graduation in ophthalmology.
Mr Patel’s ophthalmic experience progressed at London’s leading hospitals including Moorfields, UCL and St George’s, where he taught general ophthalmology to medical students and nurses. He also worked at the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Sutton General and Epsom General, where he was a consultant performing intraocular/ extraocular surgery, cataracts, glaucoma and squint DCR surgery.
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- British Society for Refractive Surgery (BSRS)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons India (CPS)
- Over 76,000 eye surgeries
- 96.8% of LVC patients achieve 20:20 vision or better
- 99.8% of LVC patients achieve UK driving standard or better
- 98.1% of patients were satisfied with the care they received
What Mr Patel’s patients say about him
“The procedure was so quick and the people performing it - in particular the surgeon, put me at ease - I wasn’t at all apprehensive. The next day my vision was perfect and I have had better than 20:20 vision ever since. I would recommend this to anyone, best thing I ever did“
“On the day of the surgery Mr Patel was excellent, he explained everything clearly. I would not hesitate to recommend Optical Express.“
Printer friendly version