IMAB Member and Emeritus Medical Director
A world-leading ophthalmic surgeon, Mr Jan Venter is registered with the General Medical Council (GMC), with additional specialist training in refractive surgery.
Born and educated in South Africa, Mr Venter qualified from Pretoria University in 1973 and over the years progressed to become Professor and Head of the Ophthalmology Department at the University of Stellenbosch in South Africa. 1993 saw him introduce excimer laser and ambulatory cataract surgery into South Africa, making procedures available to the wider public there for the first time. From 1993 to 1996 he served as President of the Ophthalmological Society of South Africa.
Mr Jan Venter has published and presented over 100 academic papers and has made presentations about refractive surgery in seminars across the UK, South Africa and throughout the world.
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Ophthalmological Society of South Africa (OSSA)
- Southern African Intra Ocular Lens and Refractive Surgery Society
- International Refractive Surgery Club (IRSC)
- American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
- UK and Ireland Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery (UKISCRS)
- British Society of Refractive Surgery (BSRS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Over 80,000 eye surgeries
What Mr Venter's patients say about him
“It’s absolutely life-changing, there’s no doubt about that“
“I found Optical Express where everybody made me feel very comfortable, from the brilliant surgeon to the nurses and assistants. They helped me reach the right decision about my treatment. I had my eye surgery and it was quick and easy with no pain. It gave me my life back. Go get yours!“
Printer friendly version