MD IMAB Clinical Director
A world-leading ophthalmic surgeon, Dr Jan Venter has performed more than 80,000 procedures including LASIK and LASEK, ICL, natural lens replacement and cataract treatments. He is and fully trained ophthalmologist, registered with the General Medical Council (GMC), with additional specialist training in refractive surgery.
Born and educated in South Africa, Dr. Jan Venter qualified from Pretoria University in 1973 and over the years progressed to become Professor and Head of the Ophthalmology Department at the University of Stellenbosch in South Africa. 1993 saw him introduce excimer laser and ambulatory cataract surgery into South Africa, making procedures available to the wider public there for the first time. From 1993 to 1996 he served as President of the Ophthalmological Society of South Africa. In 1998 he was awarded the highest honour the Ophthalmological Society can bestow when he received the DJ Wood Medal.
Dr Jan Venter has published and presented over 100 academic papers and has made presentations about refractive surgery in seminars across the UK, South Africa and throughout the world.
• General Medical Council (GMC) – Member
• Ophthalmological Society of South Africa (OSSA) – Member
• Southern African Intra Ocular Lens and Refractive Surgery Society – Member
• International Refractive Surgery Club (IRSC) – Member
• American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) – Member
• European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS) – Member
• UK and Ireland Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery (UKISCRS) – Member
• British Society of Refractive Surgery (BSRS) – Member
• American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) – Member
Request a FREE Info Pack
Your personal data is secure